Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I've decided to start a product list of items I use that are all natural or earth & people friendly. The first item on my list will be Feline Pine Cat Litter.
My cat has decreased kidney function which means she uses the cat box quite often. So much in fact that I have to clean the box every other day or else it's like a cement block.
Due to the fact that my cat has long hair she tends to get a lot of litter clumped in between her toes & it can't be comfortable for her. Plus it's a pain to try & wash a cat's feet in the sink. I pretty much look like I had a visit from Freddy Kruger the night before. I'm also really not comfortable knowing that she's tracking all of this stuff through my home where my daughter crawls & plays.
A few weeks ago when I was changing the cats litter box and I was adding more litter to the pan I accidentally inhaled some of the dust from the clay litter and it was awful. It took my breath away & I was left with a flowery, cotton fresh taste for the rest of the day. Yuck!
At my next grocery store visit I checked out other litters & stumbled upon this Feline Pine Cat Litter. It uses all natural ingredients and it's made of shredded pine. There's no obnoxious perfumes and I don't have to worry if my cat ingests it when she goes about her daily cleaning routine. And since it's not made of clay it doesn't get all clumped up in her paws.
I was afraid to look at the price tag because unfortunately a lot of all natural products tend to be on the pricey side & I couldn't afford to spend an arm and a leg on cat litter. But to my surprise, it wasn't a lot at all. In fact it was pretty much the same price I pay for the litter I was currently using.
So, I figured I'd give it a go. I picked up the box & was amazed at how light the box was. Bonus! No strained back from carrying 20 lbs of litter all over the grocery store. I took it home & mixed it in with some of the clay litter already in the pan so it wasn't such a shock to her. I was immediately impressed with the litter. The litter clumped as it stated. It also controlled the odor from the cat box.
Then came the true test. I kept checking the cats paws for clumps of pine & none could be found. Hooray! Finally! No sticky litter stuck in the cats paws, no clumpy litter balls all over my house. I am not going to say though that this stuff doesn't track. It does. But now I am not as freaked out by it. If my daughter touches it, I know there's no chemicals that would harm her in it. And my vacuum picks this litter up a lot easier since it's so much lighter.
All in all, I would say I am now a Feline Pine Cat Litter fan. This will be our new litter go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment